segunda-feira, 11 de agosto de 2008

Silves, a visit to medieval times with Cookie, our Aussie





Medieval Fair of Silves, Algarve
Medieval Fair of Silves, Algarve

On this weekend the famous Medieval Fair of Silves started.

Since it is a period that always calls for children dreams and attention, I decided to take my son and my puppy Cookie, our Australian Shepherd, to a walk into our past in the medieval era.

Australian Shepherd in SilvesMe and Cookie, my Australian Shepherd, in Silves, Algarve

Silves was dressed with flags, tents, stands, costumes, music and all of sort of effects that took us to that period.

I imagine that Cookie would be in a worst frightening state, since it was very loud, but she was a very behaved full of courage puppy. Curiosity about all of that was the main factor. Of course the big horses and donkeys made her think twice, but nothing that could be handled.



Silves
Some medievel dressed actores

Australian Shepherd in Silves
Me and Cookie, my Australian Shepherd, at the Silves castle street

Australian Shepherd in Silves
Me and Cookie, my Australian Shepherd, in front of Silves castle entrie


Silves
My son buying a medievel wooden sword
My son even had the chance to buy a wooden sword with his name painted.





Then we went to see the tournament. The high event of the fair !

For my most surprise Cookie was allowed to watch and enter with us. I think just for this attitude Silves deserves a big reward.




At this stage Cookie was fine, enjoying the petting and treats I was giving for her to be calm and happy. But when the horse come running (IA we were in front) she thought twice and tried to hide under the seat. Oh well not everything could be perfect !


Australian Shepherd in Silves
Australian Shepherd in Silves
Australian Shepherd in Silves
Australian Shepherd in Silves
Cookie, my Australian Shepherd watching the tournament in the Medieval Fair of Silves, Algarve

And that is it ! Our trip to the past in the Medieval Era on Algarve, Portugal ! We love it !



Other trips and travel:





Sem comentários: